Thursday, October 30, 2008

Well, No Wonder!

Crankiness, crying, screaming, waking up every few hours...

It's been our life for the past few weeks. I knew the babies would be going through some sleep changes about this time, but it has been so extreme that there have been nights when I have only had 3.5 hours of sleep. When you have to go to work in the morning, that's not good.

Well, a couple of days ago, I had Luke on my lap and was giving him his Tylenol (a.k.a. baby candy - but that's another post). I noticed a strange white thing in the back of his mouth. I convinced him (I use the term loosely) to let me stick a finger into his mouth and feel around his gums. Lo and behold, I felt one, then two, then three bumps! Luke has 3 new molars coming in! No wonder he has been so sad and cranky.

Since I figured out why Luke was so upset, I decided to check Gracie's mouth. This is easier said than done. She has an iron jaw. I did manage to see one new tooth next to her existing bottom teeth and (yep!) a molar.

So our official tooth count has gone from Luke - 8 and Gracie - 7 to Luke - 11 and Gracie - 9. That's a ton of teeth! Our friend, Jackson D. only has 2 teeth. Personally, I think he's planning to grow them all at once so that his Mommy only has to go through teething once.

I don't know if I am jealous about that or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 10th Birthday!

There's nothing better than bringing cupcakes and having free dress on your 10th birthday! These two were so excited that they kept r...