Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Gracie Goes to the Doctor

A few weeks ago, I was lamenting my very sad daughter and her awful ear infections. She's had 4 in the last 4 months, resulting in a referral to the ear, nose, and throat doctor. In the meantime, we made a trip to see Dr. A so that she could check Gracie's ears and make sure our last bout of antibiotics did the trick. I made it a "just the girls" trip so that Lukie could hang out with his favorite person (abue) and I could just juggle one toddler instead of 2 at the doctors' office.

Usually, I just carry Gracie and Luke in because I'm worried they are going to take off on me. Since I only had Gracie with me, I let her walk next to me into the office building. You should have seen the smile on her face! She was so proud to be walking instead of being carried. She touched every plant we passed, the wall, the elevator, pretty much anything within her reach. She tried to "touch" the Emergency Call button in the elevator, but I squashed that pretty fast.

Once inside, she made her usual trek back and forth from the Well Side to the Sick Side to see the gold "fishies" and the big "fishies." As she passed the patients and their parents in the waiting area, she waved at them and said, "Hi!" and "Bye!" in the little sing-song voice she uses. Everyone was enchanted by the little girl in the HUG ME! sweatshirt.

We were called in to a room and that is when the fun started. I let Gracie explore and she had a great time opening drawers, playing with paper, and generally, making a mess. Luckily, I got most of it cleaned up by the time Dr. A came into the room.

Here's some of the fun:

Photobucket
What's in here?

Photobucket
We don't need any of this paper on the table!

Proof that Gracie is wild!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 10th Birthday!

There's nothing better than bringing cupcakes and having free dress on your 10th birthday! These two were so excited that they kept r...