Monday, January 14, 2008

My New Mantra - Let It Go!

It seems that every day I am reminded I am no longer in control of my life. Whether it is the baby paraphernalia that is all over my house, the students who come and go from my classroom without a care for whether or not I might like some privacy, to people just walking into my house without calling to see if it is okay if they come over, I now have no control over anything. I can't even manage to get myself out of the house on time. Arg.

I've always liked things a certain way. Some would call me a control freak. But now I am starting a new mantra: LET IT GO!

Trust me, this is easier said than done. I often have to take 10 deep breaths while thinking it.

Letting things go is very hard. Auntley (Aunt Loretta to those of you who did not know her) used to tell me to let things go all the time. Her favorite word was "Whatever." She let things go that weren't important in her life. She did not sweat the things she could not change or the opinions of people who were ignorant. She lived her life to make others' lives better.

Right now, my babies are my #1 priority and that is making all of my other priorities suffer. I have so much to grade that I am having anxiety issues. I'm trying to find a way to let it go.....

Let's see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 10th Birthday!

There's nothing better than bringing cupcakes and having free dress on your 10th birthday! These two were so excited that they kept r...