Monday, February 8, 2010

A Twinterview (without a camera)

I haven't posted in over 2 weeks.  The primary reason is that I can never seem to have my camera anywhere near me when something happens.  It doesn't seem fair to post stories about Gracie and Luke without pictures.  I mean, what's the point??  The secondary reason is that we have been alternately sick and stressed out and I just haven't felt like posting.  I know I'll regret this some day.

On the way home from Abues' house tonight, I conducted a Twinterview with the sleepy kiddos in the backseat.  Here is the conversation that followed:

How old are you?
Gracie:  2!
Lukie:  6!

What's your favorite color?
Gracie:  Blue!
Lukie:  Crayons!

What's Daddy's name?
Gracie:  *silence*
Lukie:  Papa!

What's your favorite song?
Gracie:  Spider  (the Itsy Bitsy one)
Lukie: FooFoo (Little Bunny ...)

Who's in your family? (some of the responses include)
teacher
Papa
Nathan
Brannnon (Brandon)
Onca (Bianca)
Aunt Bec
Nana
Auntie Ten Ten
Baby Emmie
Baby Emmie
Baby Emmie
and....
Baby Emmie

(I think they like Baby Emmie).

That concluded the Twinterview.  When we pulled into the driveway, they both rushed inside to see Daddy.  Knowing they had played a new game with the abues tonight, I asked them:  "Gracie and Lukie, what did you play with Abue tonight?"

"Hide and SSS.." Lukie started.
"Hide and Seek?" I asked.
"Hide and Seek!" he shouted.

Suddenly, Gracie ran over to the TV stand and put her face up against it. "One, two, free, four!" She turned around and came running to me. "It!"

"Yup!  I'm it!" I said.  Then Lukie ran over to the TV stand and counted in his own way.

"Six, semmon, eight, nine!"

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - how cute! They are getting so grown up.
    Hide and seek sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So darn cute!!! I havent conducted a twinterview in a while now...hmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally guilty of not posting either! It is so hard to get caught up now that I'm behind. I think I need to compile a list of questions, then get the camera and start recording. Great responses!

    ReplyDelete

Happy 10th Birthday!

There's nothing better than bringing cupcakes and having free dress on your 10th birthday! These two were so excited that they kept r...