Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Bad Mommy

You wouldn't know from looking at the dates of my blog entries, but I am constantly writing new ones in my head. I have about 12 of them knocking around in my brain right now. Sadly, I never have the time to sit down and actually get them into the computer. There are several blogs I read every day and those parents have been awesome about documenting their babies' development. Don't believe me? Visit some of the ones I am addicted to:

ABCTriplets

Goddess in Progress

You would think that I would be recording every single thing that happens with the babies. The sad thing is, I haven't. I can't tell you when Luke and Gracie smiled for the first time. I can't remember what actual day Luke or Gracie got their first teeth. Heck, I can't even tell you when they first rolled over.

Does this make me a loser mom? I know some moms are fanatic about recording every single thing that happens. I just don't seem to have the time or heart to do it. I'm trying to memorize pictures of the babies: smiles, laughs, silly things they do. Do I need to record it? Will they truly be interested? Or is it more about what others will want to know?

I don't want to be a Bad Mommy. Can you be a fantastic mommy without recording every single thing that happens?

1 comment:

  1. Oh yay, I'm so glad to see new pictures of your two cuties.

    I'm a firm believer in being the "good enough" mom. Your kids are growing, happy, and healthy and that means you're "good enough!" No one is docking points for not recording every milestone. Just print out your blog some day in the future if the twinsies want more detail.

    ReplyDelete

Happy 10th Birthday!

There's nothing better than bringing cupcakes and having free dress on your 10th birthday! These two were so excited that they kept r...