Monday, July 28, 2008

The Word "Vomit" is an Ugly Word

I was going to call this post "Welcome to the Vomitorium," but my friend Kelly used that as the title of one of the posts in her blog in January. Since I am not a plagerizer (I know that isn't a word, but sometimes it is fun to make them up!), I am going with the above title as the warning to all that this will not be pretty. In fact, you may want to skip this one. I am recording it for posterity so that one day, when I need to pull out the "Kid, do you know what I went through for you?!"- card, I have it ready to pull up quickly!

Some one (I don't know who, but if I ever find them they better start praying) got the Twinsies sick. It could have been the lady at Sam's Club who fed them ice cream. Could have been the shopping cart, Lukie decided to use as a teething ring. It could have been the multitude of people who think the Twinsies are their own personal playthings and they can touch-kiss-hug-etc. them. I honestly don't know who got them sick, but because of them, we have spent the past week cleaning up the messes caused by little babies throwing up everything in their tummies and taking multiple showers to try to scrub away the yuckiness and vomity smell.

Lukie got it first. He "exorist-baby" threw up all over Daddy and then did the same to me twice. We thought Gracie had escaped the freaky virus until Saturday when she joined the fun. As of this moment, we have made it 24 hours without anyone losing the bananas, apple sauce or fake-Pedialyte they have consumed today.

I've always felt bad for Mommies who have babies or older children who are sick. Vomit is one of my least favorite things. I have a very vivid memory of a vomit experience when I worked for the YMCA. It was story time and I was reading The Little Mermaid to some 5-year-olds. One of the little girls said, "Jennifer, I don't feel good." Faster than I could react, she leaned forward and threw up all over the book I was reading. My reaction? I threw up all over her. It wasn't pretty.

So far, I've been okay. Let's revisit this when the babies are older and are eating meat. Oh, yeah. That will be fun.

1 comment:

  1. Jen -

    So sorry to hear that you have had the sickies! I know just how awful it can be. I swear that by a product called "Nature's Miracle" to remove vomit odor. It's the best. (Sold at Pet stores) Hope you all feel better soon, and SO GLAD to hear you are alright following the EQ.

    ReplyDelete

Happy 10th Birthday!

There's nothing better than bringing cupcakes and having free dress on your 10th birthday! These two were so excited that they kept r...