Wednesday, July 15, 2009

So Much to Say!

A week ago, I asked Gracie and Luke if they wanted chicken for dinner. The conversation went something like this:

Me: "Gracie, Lukie! Do you want chicken for dinner?"

Luke: "Yesssss!

Gracie: "Chick-ken."

Me: "What was that?! Gracie, what did you say?!"

Gracie: "Chick-ken."

Me: "Gracie, do you want chicken?"

Gracie: "Yeah!"

Me: "Holy moly!"

Then, yesterday, we were rolling around in bed after the Twinsies woke up and I was asking them about their animal sounds. When I asked what an elephant said, Gracie replied, "Elphant. Elphant. Elphant!" She rolled around the bed saying "elphant" over and over again.

Last night, Lukie joined the chicken club.

Lukie: "Momma! Ucken! Ucken! Pan! Pan!"

Me: "You'd like some chicken and bread?"

Lukie: "Yessssss!"

This morning, it we were looking at one of their alphabet books and Lukie pointed at the picture of the owl.

Lukie: "Owl."

Me: "Huh?"

Lukie: "Owl."

Gracie: "Who. Who!" (Imitating Baby Bop and B.J.)

Apparently, we've been watching too much Barney Goes to the Zoo.

These kids kill me!

3 comments:

  1. it's so neat when the speech starts to come quickly! How exciting

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO CUTE!!!! I love how much they are talking now...most of the time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! I love how quickly they are all learning new words - each time they surprise me with a new one, it makes my day!

    ReplyDelete

Happy 10th Birthday!

There's nothing better than bringing cupcakes and having free dress on your 10th birthday! These two were so excited that they kept r...