Monday, October 5, 2009

Gosh, I love my kids

I was scrolling through my blog a few minutes ago, minding my own business, when suddenly a picture of Gracie and Luke flashed before my eyes. Before I knew it, a WAVE of love washed over me. Have you ever felt that? That tingling wave that starts at the top of your head and washes through your body? A feeling of love that makes you want to find the person immediately and hug them senseless?

This one felt that way to me.

It's amazing to me that I have two children; two amazing 2 year olds with their own personalities, likes and dislikes, and their own hearts brimming with love for the people around them.

What did I do to deserve them? I guess that's my question every day. When they are happy and loving life...what did I do to deserve two fantastic kids? When they are tired and cranky and running into Men's bathrooms...what did I do to deserve these two amazingly independent children? When they hug me and kiss me and cuddle up to me...what did I do to have two little children love me so?

When times are tough, I ask myself these questions. When it seems like life can't get any worse, I remind myself how truly, amazingly, fantastically blessed I am to have Gracie and Lukie in my life.

And then that wave of love feels like a warm, sunny ocean. It can't get any better than that.

2 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful attitude to have. We are all blessed aren't we?
    And I love the "wave" you speak of. Best thing about being a parent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! What a great description! Sometimes it's just like turning on a light or something and I almost feel like weeping.

    Beautiful, beautiful post. :)

    (and somehow the elusive perfect lettuce wrap sauce has eluded my lips! I'll keep trying! ;) )

    ReplyDelete

Happy 10th Birthday!

There's nothing better than bringing cupcakes and having free dress on your 10th birthday! These two were so excited that they kept r...