Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Toots, farts or whatever you call them

Passing gas, tooting, farting. Whatever you call them, they are smelly and no fun. If you have ever been near Gracie and Luke's father, you know what I am talking about. We joke that he is like Pig Pen and walks around with a perpetual cloud of fart smell around him.

So, I am no stranger to toots. I became very intimate with them when I married Eddie and even more so when I was pregnant. Occasionally, one of my students will pass wind and then I have to deal with the juvenile "Mrs. Uribe, what is that obnoxious smell? Ewww! I can't stand it. I think I'm going to puke!" So mature. But what to you want from teenagers?

Newborn babies make funny little toots. And they are toots, by the way. They are quiet and have very little smell. But once you start feeding them solid foods, their toots are no longer quite so innocent. They start to smell. With vegetables, it isn't so bad. The moment you introduce meats, though...Wow! Some foods produce smellier toots than others. Take red meat for example. Not good. The more gas a food produces, the more miserable the babies are and the more miserable those around them.

I've noticed that since the twins turned one, their toots are starting to sound like a much older person's. Gone are the days of the quiet little "pew...pew...pew...pew" sounds. Now is is the "rat-a-tat-tat" of a rapid fire toot. They are completely unfazed by their tooting. Eddie thinks it is hysterical. This, in turn, makes the babies laugh, too. That is, of course, until Daddy "toots." Then, it is all over and we're running for the windows.

Hehehehehehehehehe!


post signature

P.S. I've been dying to write this post for a long time!

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!! Connor laughs at his own toots now. I guess he's been spending too much time alone with daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this post...toots will always be funny...nothing you can do about it! By the way...Brandon is extra talented, he can toot on demand! The kids in school will love him!

    ReplyDelete

Happy 10th Birthday!

There's nothing better than bringing cupcakes and having free dress on your 10th birthday! These two were so excited that they kept r...