Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Huge Prayers are Needed

I wish these posts were not necessary. I wish that God did not bring heartache to families or illness to children.

Tonight, my friend, Caryn, called me to say that her brother's baby girl was born this morning at 8 am. This should be a joyous time for Brian and his wife, Jennifer, but Abigail Marie, their baby girl, was born with spina bifida, a cleft palette, and a bump on her head that contains cerebral fluid. Within minutes of being born, the doctor informed Caryn's brother that his new baby girl would never walk and that she needed to be flown to Cedars Sinai in Los Angeles for emergency surgery to close the lesion in her back.

I cannot imagine the pain and terror that Brian and Jennifer are feeling right now. They had no indication that Abigail had any of these conditions prior to her birth this morning. Abigail will be undergoing surgery tomorrow morning at 8 am. She will be only 24 hours old.

PLEASE, PLEASE keep her in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow and say a special prayer for Abigail's mommy who is still in Lompoc and cannot travel because she had a c-section this morning. Again, I cannot imagine being so far away from my brand new baby and feeling so very helpless when all I would want to do is hold her and love her.

Please pray for Abigail Marie and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 10th Birthday!

There's nothing better than bringing cupcakes and having free dress on your 10th birthday! These two were so excited that they kept r...