Thursday, March 12, 2009

Who's Sickie-Poo? We are!

After a week of crying, not eating and clingyness, I finally broke down and emailed Dr. A last night. She shared her email address with me for a one time only deal a month ago and I felt horrible taking advantage of it last night. I'm going to "lose" it tonight so that I'm not tempted to bug her again.

Dr. A told me to bring Gracie and Lukie in and we made the trek this afternoon. Amid the 20 or so other sick kids (and the wacky mom who made her daughter cover her head as she walked through the waiting room so she wouldn't catch what the other kids had), we waited patiently. You know your kids are sick when they aren't interested in doing anything, even when surrounded by toys and books.

They did not have fevers, but as soon as Dr. A looked in their ears, we had our diagnosis:

Lukie has an ear infection in his left ear.

Gracie has a double ear infection.

Needless to say, they are on antibiotics. I'm hoping this helps them feel better soon. I hate them feeling so miserable.

On a Daddy note: He started feeling nauseous again because a nurse messed with the wrong tube on his feeding apparatus. This is the 5th time a nurse has done this and the 5th time he has gotten sick because of it. In the past, I would have been there every night with him, demanding answers and fighting for him. Now that we have Gracie and Luke, I don't have that luxury.

But we are done.

Grandma, Grandpa, Tio Freddy, Tio Joey, Gracie, Lukie and I are done. We are done watching Eddie suffer. Done watching incompetent nurses make him hurt. We are done.

***flipping my hair back over my ear***

So watch out all you doctors and nurses "taking care" of Eddie. I'm done. You'll be hearing from me in the morning. That's a promise.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Watch out people - woman on a rampage coming through! I hope they have some very good answers for you!

    ReplyDelete

Happy 10th Birthday!

There's nothing better than bringing cupcakes and having free dress on your 10th birthday! These two were so excited that they kept r...