Sunday, February 8, 2009

Twinsie Art

For obvious reasons, markers are not one of my favorite things. I've decided to leave the markers for day care. This has left me with a dilemma. How do I encourage Gracie and Luke to write and draw without crayons or markers?

Enter the Fisher Price Doodle-Pro! It says it is for kids aged 3 and older, but after I bought small personal sized ones at Target, Gracie and Luke discovered that they were lots of fun! I've been writing their names on them and we've been drawing happy faces. Gracie and Luke will sit at their table and draw for at least 3 minutes (a record for sitting still). They like to draw dots and drag the pen across the screen.

We've had all kinds of pictures on the Doodle-Pro, but here are some of my favorites.

Photobucket

I have budding artists. Sometime soon, I'll get brave and let them have access to crayons and markers. So far, though, our experience with crayons resulted in green teeth and their use of markers at school had me scrubbing skin until it turned red. Not my idea of fun!

I'm excited to see how Gracie and Luke develop artistically. I'm not a drawer or a painter. Daddy is an artist with food. Me, I'm all about computers and using things other people create in interesting ways. Who knows. Maybe they'll be amazing artists! I'll have to save this picture for when people are paying thousands of dollars for their professional work. Hee hee hee!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 10th Birthday!

There's nothing better than bringing cupcakes and having free dress on your 10th birthday! These two were so excited that they kept r...